Entries for Beer Town Film Festival 2020 are now closed. The judging has now begun!
Short fiction narrative of 15 minutes or less.
Factual documentaries of 20 minutes or less. Mockumentaries and other fiction will not be accepted, these need to be submitted to the Fiction category.
Music, Promotional & Advertising
Promotional pieces can be a stand alone production or a collection of short videos (provided they are promoting the same products) and the total length of the submission must not exceed 10 minutes in total. Entrants who are under the age of 18, shall not submit any productions which are advertising or promoting products or activities which are for or aimed at adults over 18 years of age.
A minimum of 90% of the film must be animated (in any animated form) and the total length of the submission must not exceed 10 minutes in total.
Films entered in this category must also be entered into one of the other categories as follows: Fiction Short, Documentary Short, Promotional/Advertising/Music and Short Animation. This category is only open to individuals residing or studying within a 20-mile radius of Burton-Upon-Trent.
A judges’ selection for filmmakers or directors that the judges decide should merit an award. This award cannot be entered as a category but is selected by the judges from films entered into one of the other categories as follows: Fiction Short, Documentary Short, Promotional/Advertising/Music and Short Animation.
Overall Festival Winner
The film judged to be the best of the best from the five categories above. Selected by the judges from all categories.
- Entrants must be UK residents only.
- Entrants must be aged 16 or above on 1st January 2020.
- Entries must not name or refer to any individual without explicit permission. Personal releases may be requested by the festival board to ensure filmmakers have the right to represent individuals in their films.
- Entries must not contain the image or likeness of any individual: (1) under the age of 18; or (2) other than the entrant without that individuals’ express consent and may need to be signed/co-signed by a parent or guardian.
- Entries must be entrant's own work and not contain copyrighted material and must have the rights to use all material in your film.
- Entries must not explicitly refer or allude to logo, trademark or product without written permission.
- Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, contains strong nudity, is indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, illegal, unlawful, hateful, disparaging, defamatory, slanderous or libellous.
- Entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, political belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Entries must not promote excessive or irresponsible drinking or illegal drugs or tobacco.
- For full terms and conditions click here.
Beer Town Film Festival proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway, the world's #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests.
By entering the Beer Town Film Festival you are agreeing to your film being available for immediate download by Beer Town Film Festival and will allow full permissions for onward upload and distribution to the Beer Town Film Festival Website, YouTube, Vimeo and social media channels and official sponsors of the event.
Please ensure that any copyright organisation affiliated with your film is aware of this. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from the contest.